2 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup sataw seeds
1/4 cup bite-sized pieces of chicken meat
1-2 white or tiger prawns
6-7 hot chillies, 1 cucumber
2 spring shallots, 1 red spur chilli
5 garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. fish sauce, 1 tsp. shrimp paste
3-4 tbsp. cooking oil, lettuce for garnish
1. Wash the prawns thoroughly, shell them leaving the fins in place, cut them open along the back, and remove the vein. Chop three of the prawns coarsely; deep fry the rest.
2. Pound the chillies and garlic in a mortar until broken, add the shrimp paste, and then pound to mix thoroughly.
3. Heat the oil in a wok. When it is hot, fry the chilli-garlic-shrimp paste mixture until fragrant. Add the chicken and the chopped prawns and stir-fry. When they are done, put in the sataw seeds, stir-fry for a short time, and then add the rice and continue stir-frying until everything is ready.
4. Season with the sugar and fish sauce,mix well, taste and season additionally as desired.
5. Put this onto a bed of lettuce arranged on a plate, place the fried prawns on top. garnish with red spur chilli, and serve with spring shallots and sliced cucumber.