KHAO PHAD NAROK
1 cup cooked rice
3-4 white or tiger prawns
1/2 cup long slices of bitter gourd
1 tsp. thinly sliced red spur chilli
1 tsp. coriander leaves
5-6 hot chillies
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
3 tbsp. cooking oil
1. Wash the prawns thoroughly,shell them leaving the fins in place, cut them open along the back, and remove the vein.
2. Pound the chillies and garlic in a mortar until well crushed.
3. Heat the oil in a wok. When it is hot,fry the chilli-garlic mixture until fragrant. Break the egg into wok, break the yolk, and stir-fry. When it is done, add the prawns and bitter gourd and stir-fry until they are done. Add the rice and continue stir-frying.
4. Season with the sugar and soy sauce, mix everything together well, and when everything is ready, remove from heat.
5. Transfer to a plate, garnish with coriander leaves and thin slices of red spur chilli and serve.