KHAO PHAD SAM KLOE
1 cup cooked rice
2-3 white or tiger prawns
2 shiitake mushrooms,
soaked in water to soften, then sliced
1 tsp. thinly sliced red spur chilli
2 spring shallots
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tbsp. light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce
3 tsp. cooking oil
1. Wash the prawns, remove the shells and the heads but leave the tail fins in place, cut open along the back and remove the vein.
2. Wash the squid, remove the inedible portions, and cut the body crosswise into ring-shaped slices.
3. Heat the oil in a wok. When hot, add garlic and fiy until fragrant. Then, put in the prawns, squid, and mushroom and stir-fry. When they are done, add the rice, and continue stir-frying.
4. Season with the sugar and soy and oyster sauces, stir and turn to mix, and when everything
is ready, remove from heat.
5. Transfer to a plate, sprinkle with the spur chilli, and serve with spring shallots.